Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cleaning a Betta Bowl

Globowl
Betta bowls get dirty quickly and need to be cleaned on a weekly basis to maintain a safe environment for the fish. This can be terribly messy and time consuming. I started out not knowing the best way to go about the water change.

I tried leaving the betta in the bowl and using a turkey baster to suck out the gunk from the gravel. This just caused the fish waste and excess food to become free floating. The bowl looked so gross after that. Not to mention my betta wasn't very happy with me! So I decided to just scoop out half the water and fill it back up. This seemed to work for a while until I noticed the gravel was really dirty and started growing algae.

Well I did my research and finally figured out a great and easy routine that allowed me to clean everything while keeping my betta safe. To learn the easy 5 step bowl cleaning routine, click here: 5 steps to a clean betta bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment